Sunday, September 04, 2011

More thoughts of Poddington

Poddington's Thoughts continue apace, despite my having deleted three of his posts for being racist drivel. Not viciously racist, just really weirdly racist.

A couple of good ones from the last few days:


Right, I am going to write one last piece to explain my theory.

I believe I owe the readers of this site that much.


and, brilliantly:

Another thing that I have noticed is that I have spelled angel wrong above - using angle. Then I stated that I wonder if there is a connection between the angels of heaven and the Germanic tribe of the Angles. Simply ignore that piece.

I think that I should know that one by now, growing up when Christianity was a big part of school, going to church, reading the bible for ten years and graduating from a bible college.

Sometimes the simple things give you the slip.

Poddington




5 comments:

David said...

Apparently, Poddington is John Cleese.

worm said...

I find his use of english slightly odd, he uses a few tenses in a strange way, for instance in the sentence that Elberry also pointed out:

"They will go to the supermarkets and view the beef – for example, it will say, Scottish Beef. They will feel sick, They will look at what is next to the Scottish Beef and it will say, Irish Beef. This will not make them feel so grand either; however, they will put the Irish Beef into their baskets, for, who wants to eat something that remembers them of something awful. I could go on and on."

...it's like a well spoken german, or possibly a kenyan maybe?

Brit said...

I note that Elberry mentioned my deleting of Poddington's racist drivel in slightly disapproving tones. Quite simply, I didn't want them on the site and it's obviously futile attempting to argue with the Podster, so I just removed them. There's plenty more Pod to enjoy.

The gist of the deleted ones was that there will soon be a race war between the whites (Irish-Norse?) and the blacks and Asians, because the former ruined Britain by inventing ganja; and the latter are Muslims.

malty said...

The gist of the deleted ones was that there will soon be a race war between the whites (Irish-Norse?) and the blacks and Asians, because the former ruined Britain by inventing ganja; and the latter are Muslims.

Ooh,ooh, any chance of a ticket, preferably rear grand circle, whites only, of course.

malty said...

Brit, how the McCrone settlement did I miss that one, titter & bisted porridge scoffers, as an Englishman (sorry, I mean Geordie-German) living among 'em

“…We can’t be certain what the future will throw up at us. But, we can be
certain that an educated population will be able to adapt and respond better to
the challenges and opportunities for the future. So my absolute conclusion – is
that continuous, high quality learning and education has to be Scotland’s
strategy for the future. Scotland was the first place in the world to institute a
universal schooling system. As a country, we value education and young Scots
have always performed well. Scots care about education. Scotland’s education
system is good – we are in the top third of OECD countries. But there is a tail of
underachievement that holds us back.’


Said one J.MConnell in 2006, you know, the J.MConnell who holidayed with the Wark woman at her Med hideaway, FOC then gave her media company a £100000 plus contract.

Don't get me started.

BTW, read the comments on the Scotsman's website, interesting, very interesting.